4 Jun 2020

Flower Garden Pots - Tutorial



This is a card I made for a monthly challenge a while ago. The subject was "flowers" and this was my entry. Which I am very proud to say won that month!

So, here, I am going to share the instructions with you on how I made my flower pots card..... 
I used: Dovecraft Flower Muse paper, FE Foliage Die, FE pots and vases die, heart shaped die, strip of lace, die cut flowers.
1. Cut 8 flower pots with the largest FE pots and vases die out of Dovecraft Flower Muse paper.
2. Cut a strip from the same paper (long enough to go along the top of all the pots and allowing for folds)
3. Fold strip of paper into quarters (accordian fold)
4. Glue a pot shape along the front of each quarter (the other 4 pot shapes are stuck to the back side later)
5. Cut the "tree" shape foliage die from heavy weight green card (4 times).
6. Glue the trunk section behind each flower pot, so that the top foliage part shows above the pots.
7. Now glue the other 4 flower pots to the back (this hides the trunk section and adds firmness to each of the pots).
8. Stick flowers randomly to each foliage section. (I stuck them to the front and back)
9. Stick lace around each pot.
10. Stamp a sentiment to each heart and ink the edges. Glue to the pots with a strip of acetate.
I also added a bit of coloured pencil shading to the pots to give them a slightly more "rounded" look.
Note -- if you fold the concertina both sides (to bend either way) it allows the card to be displayed quite flexibly (see photos).



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful project, so much fun. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for looking and your lovely comment Emma.

      Delete
  2. Hello! Wonderful & pretty flower pots & a lovely way to send flowers that will last! Hope you can continue to add to your blog as time goes on ... Steph x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph. I am hoping to continue adding to the blog quite a lot more in the coming days and weeks. X

      Delete
    2. Fabulous flowers, I love how the card is shaped rather than the traditional square or rectangle.

      Delete
  3. Hello, saw your comments on CraftWorld, and came for a little look at your Blog, LOVE the card above, very pretty and such a clever idea. Well done you. I don' have a blog myself, have vaguely thought about it, but just don't have the time as I suppose you need the time to keep it up to date. Enjoy your day and if you don't mind, I may copy your idea of the above card, again, when I have the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking and your lovely comment. Hope to see your version of this card and so pleased that mine has inspired you.

      Delete
  4. So sweet thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking. It is a pleasure to share the card. X

      Delete