19 Aug 2020

BLACK ON BLACK

 




The white-on-white card I made for a "one colour" challenge running currently on the Craftworld website had me wondering whether I could create a black-on-black card. 

So, here is the result. 

Just a slimline black coloured base card. 

Very quick and easy to make in the end. Although it seemed to take ages and ages to select the embellishments and decide on the layout and orientation. 

All I ended up doing was to cut out a lace border from black card, using a Tonic Studios lace die, then inking it with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink, to give it a slight contrasting tone. 

I added a little more contrast with a strip of glitter foam, a ribbon bow, a black button and some small holographic hearts. 

"Ooh La La" was how I thought it turned out looking. 

But, "Elegant" , "Simple" , "Classy" , "Sassy" and "Versatile" were some of the wonderful adjectives it received from some of the lovely ladies on the site. "Like a Garter" , was mentioned too. 

Yep..... I don't mind going along with all of that!! 



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. "Glamorous"... I like that. 😊

      Delete
  2. So very elegant and classy! Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant and Classy.... I'll take those too Steph! You must have read the write up!? 😘

    ReplyDelete