19 Aug 2020

DAWN CATCH - (Stamps from issue #86 of Creative Stamping)

 




My Creative Stamping magazines arrived here in Spain last Friday. 

I ordered #85 and #86 from Craftstash the week before. So that's not too bad, time wise, coming from the UK right in the middle of a worldwide virus pandemic of Covid 19.

The sting was the postage costs. Both came in the same packet, but postage charges were £5 - each!!!! Oh well, cheaper than flying over to collect I guess and the nice customer service person at Craftstash gave a 10% discount after ringing them to see whether they could reduce the postage.

Anyway, this is the card I made with some of the stamps that came with issue #86. 

The selection is fabulous and after cutting a 6 x 6 inch base card with a scalloped circle die from the X-Cut nesting dies, I got to work choosing a scenic layout. 

The white topper was inked with Distress Oxide inks in the lower section, to represent a lake. I coloured the top half with Faber-Castell polychromos colouring pencils to create a sunrise / dawn effect.

The reflections on the lake were done with the colouring pencils. 

I had already "tried out" and positioned some of the stamps (un-inked) onto the card to see what scene I would do. 

The selected stamps were inked with Ranger Black ink into some white card. Then they were coloured with the colouring pencils and fussy cut out. 

I used dimensional foam on the reeds and grasses in the foreground and attached the fish to the fishing rod with a short length of fine thread. 

One of my nephew's does a bit of fishing now and then, so this card will be just the ticket for a birthday card for him! 


2 comments:

  1. Think this creation is one of my favourite you have made, the fishing scene is so atmospheric with the coloured sky and sea ... love it! Steph x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph. I really enjoyed making this card. 💕

      Delete